Monday, January 28, 2013

I'm Back!

Hi there friends, remember me?  I'm back to blogging and I'm happy to be crafting again.  Where have I been you might ask?  Well back in late September I was surprised to hear from my former employer in Los Angeles and was asked if I would be interested in coming back temporarily.  The person who took over my job when I left was going on a medical leave and they needed someone to fill in.  There were so many variables that had to fall into place before for this could work but when they all did, it was a sign to seize the opportunity.  I uprooted my son and with my husband's blessings, we went on a 2-1/2 month adventure.  I left my career 7  years ago and left L.A. 6 years ago so I had to get reacquainted with both.  I was instantly like a single working parent and that challenged me to my core (especially when my son got sick 3 times while we were there).  But on the other hand, I found the job invigorating and the city stimulating!  The overall experience came at a time I needed it and it fed my soul!  We returned to Hilo in mid-December and we were thrust right into the holidays!  It was a crazy time, but I'm settled back in and here I am!

I've been working on some projects for the the new Sister Stamps release which start tomorrow, but today's card is a fun birthday cutie using a couple new Hero Arts stamps and some of my favorite October Afternoon Cakewalk paper.

Come back tomorrow for some Sister Stamps fun and here's a preview of the new release!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the crafty blog world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww bummer, wish I had known you were here in L.A. Glad the city reinvigorated you and so glad to see you back in blogland.
    Cute card!
    :)

    ReplyDelete