Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sister Stamps Release #14 - Aurora

Hi Everyone!  So excited about this new Sister Stamps release from the sea!  On June 1 new mermaids will be available and can come to life with your imagination and creativity.  I will have 3 projects to share over the next few days and here's my first one.

I don't know about you, but every year I buy those tear away calendars around July with the good intention of making gifts for the holidays.  And every year, I usually don't make anything or I don't use up my entire stash of calendars. And because they're timely and expire, they go to waste.  One day I found my "once again not used" calendars and came up with an idea for a card.  I tore off the June sheet and decided to make a personalized card for a friend.  I highlighted her birthday by stamping around the 11 with a heart stamp. I backed the calendar with white cardstock to give it some sturdiness since the tear away sheet is pretty thin. Then I taped some Baker's Twine to the back and put a brad through the blue cardstock to make it look like it's hanging.  If you don't have these calendars, you could use any digital or sticker type calendar.

The first mermaid I'm featuring is Aurora! I loved coloring her up because anything goes when it comes to colors (like green hair) with these mermaids.  I used Amy Young's coloring technique for her tail and you, too can learn how here.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out guest designer Mimi's blog here as well as Sister Stamps official blog here.

I'll be back tomorrow with more!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sister Stamps Aurora, Hero Arts Oceans of Joy
DP: Pebbles Under the Sea
Copics, Calendar, Sequins

5 comments:

  1. The new little mermaids are the cutest! Love the dotted coloring of Aurora's tail...really looks like shiny scales...very cool! And your idea for using up those calendars is just PURE GENIUS!...there's a pack of them here on my desk right now, ready to be tossed out. Now I'll have a second chance to try and use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE this is Gorgeous!!! Love your calendar card idea!!! my bday is June 26th!! LOVE the coloring of you mermaid too!! The green hair is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I'm sure I have old calendars lying around my craft room. Don't be surprised if you see this idea on my blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is GOOD!! love the idea of using the calendar on a personalized card! and of course, your coloring is just fabulous! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe so cute Debi!! Great idea to recycle those calendars! Brilliant!
    Love how you colored up the tail too. Fun!
    :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete