Friday, October 2, 2015

Sister Stamps Release #29 - Dixie

I'm loving all the great projects that the design team is coming up with and hope you are, too! 

For today's card, I chose to use Dixie and created a gift card holder.  It might be a little early for Christmas but I recently took out my stash of holiday papers and couldn't resist!   I used a PTI die that's made for stitching coin purses together.  I usually make the coin purses out of felt, but tried cutting paper instead and stitched it together with embroidery thread.  The opening is normally where I'd insert a zipper, but I used it to create a pocket for the gift card.  Evergreen trees are stamped lightly in the background (SU Evergreen) and I used an Island Scrapbooking laser sentiment.  My favorite detail is the resin-like bow on Dixie's head!

I'll be back tomorrow with one more post and be sure to check out the other designers below:

6 comments:

  1. OMG I can't believe you actually handstitched it. It's super cute- love the little bow on Dixie. I have to remember to accessorize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE what a really cute gift card holder!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet giftcard holder Debi! Love the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg what a super cute gift card holder! And your handstitching is so amazing! Love this!

    ReplyDelete