For this card, I applied one of my favorite techniques using Distress Inks. I embossed the bamboo image with clear embossing powder on white cardstock. Then I distressed the background with Peeled Paint ink using a blending tool and foam pad. Simple technique - wonderful results! The PTI sentiment is actually one long sentiment, but I cut the sentiment to fit the space I needed to stamp. I'm getting braver about doing this. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a whirl -it's really fun and you can always fit the sentiment back together again. I stamped the sentiment with StazOn ink for best results on the embossed areas.
For a chance to win the Ayako stamp:
- Follow this blog
- Post a comment on THIS POST
- Share your excitement about Sister Stamps with others (not required, but appreciated)
- Grab the blue badge on my sidebar for your blog (not required, but appreciated)
Winners will be announced on September 2. For more blog candy visit the Sister Stamps blog and for sweet inspiration be sure to check out guest designer Mama's blog!
- Stamps: Sister Stamps Ayako, PTI Think Big Favorites #7, Hero Arts Decorative Bamboo
- Inks: Ranger Distress Peeled Paint, Versamark Watermark, StazOn Jet Black
- Brad: SU Antique Brads
- Copics, Clear Embossing Powder