Welcome to day 4 and the final day of Sister Stamps September release! Four new stamps are available today at various retail stores (see Sister Stamps blog for list). Today I introduce you to Sister Stamps' first boy image, Nobu. Isn't he adorable?! I need to start by telling you I altered him a tiny bit and changed the toy in his hand to a lollipop, so see below for the actual image.
I decided to do something with a Halloween theme and created a glassine treat bag. Glassine bags are a favorite of mine - like the look and they're also somewhat nostalgic. I created the tag with some cool bat DP and a PTI tag die. I altered the toy and made it a lollipop by using an image from SU's Sweets for the Sweet and punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch. I wanted a little bling so I covered a small clothes pin with orange glitter paper and also punched out some bats from black glitter paper. Did you notice the tiny bats on the glassine? I tried stamping these bags for the first time and StazOn ink worked well. It takes a steady hand to stamp on the the slightly slippery surface, but it's worth the effort. So fun!
Here's a close up.
Here's the actual image.
To win the Nobu stamp:
- Follow this blog
- Post a comment on THIS POST
- Share your excitement about Sister Stamps with others (not required, but appreciated)
- Grab the blue badge on my sidebar for your blog (not required, but appreciated)
Winners will be announced tomorrow, September 2. Be sure to check out Sister Stamps blog and guest designer Mama's blog for more inspiration.
- Stamps: Sister Stamps Nobu, Hero Arts Bat, SU Sweets for the Sweet
- DP: Making Memories
- Dies: Cuttlebug Halloween, PTI Tag Sale #3
- Punches: 1/2" Circle, 2-1/2" Circle, SU Bat
- Copics, Ribbon, Glassine, Clothes Pin