Thursday, July 1, 2010

Paper Flower Embellishment


I tried these paper flowers by using the the spray bottle method to wet cardstock and I love how they look when they dry.  After the cardstock dried, I added some Crystal Stickles to give the flower some sparkle.  It makes a perfect embellishment on a gift box or package.  I added some Prima leaves to complete the flower.  I also tried alternating light and dark shades of one color and it really is stunning.  For a tutorial on this, go to Dawn's Stampin' Thoughts and check out her video.

I wrapped this gift as a VERY belated thank you to Michele of Island Scrapbooking for helping me cut the invitations for my son's 1st birthday back in November.  (Long story).  I didn't have a blog back then, so here are some photos of the invitations I made.  I made 70 of them and they were WAY more labor intensive then I anticipated.  But they got done and I'm grateful for Michele's generosity in helping me cut a lot of the pieces with her laser machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment