Friday, July 9, 2010

Spring Emma Notes

I made a couple variations of this card using cc Designs' Sugarplum Spring Emma.  Tried out some Tim Holtz items such as the woodgrain embossing folder, the Movers and Shapers die and Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The background of the first card is DP from SU's new Newsprint collection, but you can get a similar effect using Hero Art's Ledger stamp as I used in the second card.

In coloring Spring Emma, I used my Copics on Cryogen White Iridescent paper and following are my thoughts on the papers I like best.

Copic Tip:
I've been trying different papers with my Copics and here are my top 3 picks.  There's only a slight difference between these papers for me and I reach for them pretty equally.

  • Prism Simply Smooth White - easy to blend with and I'm most comfortable with this paper


  • Gina K Pure Luxury Pure White 120lb. - heavy weight and doesn't bleed through so if you make a mistake you can flip it over and use the back. Also, because it doesn't bleed, the ink stays closer to the surface allowing you to blend nicely.   You also waste less ink with no bleeding.  If you cut out an image, it's feels sturdier because of its heavy weight.


  • Cryogen White Iridescent - This paper is nice because it has a shimmer to it.  It does a pretty good job of blending but it's not quite as easy as the papers above.  However, it makes up for it by giving you a beautiful iridescent shine.

Supplies:

  • Stamp: cc Designs Sugarplum Spring Emma, Sentiments - Hero Arts
  • Die: Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Ornamental
  • Embossing Folder: Tim Holtz Woodgrain
  • DP: SU Newsprint
  • Punch: Martha Stewart Bird on a Wire
  • Ink: Vintage Photo Distress

No comments:

Post a Comment