Thursday, September 9, 2010

ZING!



Michele, owner of Island Scrapbooking let me "play" with some Zing! fluorescent embossing powders and at first I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to do with them.  But once I started experimenting and got my mojo flowing, I realized the many possibilities.  Not only are the colors vibrant, but they also emboss cleanly.  And what I mean by that is the excess powder flicks off nicely.  I hardly had to use my fine brush to clean off extra powder.  I made two slightly different versions of this card and used neon pink for the top card and neon red for the bottom card.

This powder is made by American Crafts and comes in a variety of colors.  If you're here in Hilo, you can find them at Island Scrapbooking. You can also purchase them online from Two Peas in a Bucket 

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Good Thoughts, Hero Arts Thank You (old clear set)
  • Embossing Powder: Zing! Flourescent Neon Pink and Red, Stampendous Midnight Black
  • Stickers: Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type
  • Prima Leaves, Crystal Stickles, Ribbon, Buttons, Velum

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Love that Zing! It totally adds to your already pretty card! I'll have to hunt some down. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards. I love the color combo, and it is super awesome that is says "ALOHA". Your embossing is great, such a technique that never goes out of style. That ribbon on the first card is cute, where did you get that? Thanks for inspiring me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that Zing looks super CUTE! I love the colors you used ... very PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete