Saturday, June 4, 2011

Heart Full of Shakers

I wanted to perfect making a simple shaker card and after lots of trial and error as well as researching, I finally feel comfortable making these cards. A couple things I found helpful are the following:  
1.  Use 3M mounting tape.  It's the sturdiest.  
2.  Rubbing a tiny bit of corn starch or baby powder on the rim of your mounting tape will keep your confetti and beads from sticking to the sides of your shaker.  
3.  Rubbing your Embossing Buddy or a used dryer sheet on your acetate before putting confetti on it, will keep the confetti from sticking to the acetate.
The girl stamp is from Dandelion Designs (Happy Wishes Set) and she normally holds a cupcake with a candle on it, but I cut off the candle and put on a cherry sticker to match the cherry background paper of the shaker.  These cards are really fun create and I hope those who receive them enjoy them as well!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love shaker cards. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute shaker, Debi! thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete