Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.  I thought I'd share the cards I made for the various men in my life who are wonderful father's and grandfathers.  This first card was made for my husband who is an amazing dad to our son.  I designed it from the perspective of a child using the kinds of colors and prints I thought they might choose.  My son is lucky to have a daddy that makes up fun games, takes him to the park swing and gives him piggy back rides.  I'm lucky to have a true partner who equally shares in the responsibility of raising a child.



This card was made for my mother-in-law's partner who my son calls grandpa.  We appreciate all he does for us.  I love this card for it's simplicity and rustic feel.  I used Papertrey's Matstack 1 die and sewed on the buttons so I could pull the linen tread taught.


This card was made for my dad who is also my son's grandfather.  It's bolder and has a modern feel to it. I am grateful for everything my dad has done for me.  When I was growing up, he was a very involved father.  He took us to the beach every Sunday, drove my brother and I to all of our lessons and sports activities and he taught and coached me in tennis.  As a parent myself now, I realize even more how much he sacrificed for us and I truly appreciate and love him.

Supplies Trucks Card:
  • DP: Best Creation Inc. Transportation
  • Punches: SU Modern Label, SU Word Window, SU Scallop Edge
  • Stamp: SU Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Spellbinders: Scalloped Rectangle
  • Font: Curlz MT


Supplies Special Grandpa Card:
  • Stamps: Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain, PTI For the Graduate,
  • Ink: Distress Vintage Photo, Memento Desert Sand, Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Die: PTI Matstack 1
  • Font: Snell Roundhand
  • Buttons, Linen Thread


Supplies DAD card:
  • Letters: Sizzix Round-a-bout alphabet
  • DP: Reminisce Graduation Argyle 
  • Cardstock: Bazzil, Mirror
  • Punch: SU Ticket Corner












1 comment: