Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I thought I'd share the cards I made for the various men in my life who are wonderful father's and grandfathers. This first card was made for my husband who is an amazing dad to our son. I designed it from the perspective of a child using the kinds of colors and prints I thought they might choose. My son is lucky to have a daddy that makes up fun games, takes him to the park swing and gives him piggy back rides. I'm lucky to have a true partner who equally shares in the responsibility of raising a child.
This card was made for my mother-in-law's partner who my son calls grandpa. We appreciate all he does for us. I love this card for it's simplicity and rustic feel. I used Papertrey's Matstack 1 die and sewed on the buttons so I could pull the linen tread taught.
This card was made for my dad who is also my son's grandfather. It's bolder and has a modern feel to it. I am grateful for everything my dad has done for me. When I was growing up, he was a very involved father. He took us to the beach every Sunday, drove my brother and I to all of our lessons and sports activities and he taught and coached me in tennis. As a parent myself now, I realize even more how much he sacrificed for us and I truly appreciate and love him.
Supplies Trucks Card:
- DP: Best Creation Inc. Transportation
- Punches: SU Modern Label, SU Word Window, SU Scallop Edge
- Stamp: SU Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Spellbinders: Scalloped Rectangle
- Font: Curlz MT
Supplies Special Grandpa Card:
- Stamps: Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain, PTI For the Graduate,
- Ink: Distress Vintage Photo, Memento Desert Sand, Memento Rich Cocoa
- Die: PTI Matstack 1
- Font: Snell Roundhand
- Buttons, Linen Thread
Supplies DAD card:
- Letters: Sizzix Round-a-bout alphabet
- DP: Reminisce Graduation Argyle
- Cardstock: Bazzil, Mirror
- Punch: SU Ticket Corner