Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Like a Vintage Photo

This was my attempt at creating a card to look like a vintage black and white photo.  I took a Hero Arts image and embossed it in black on cream colored cardstock.  Then I cut it out using a Spellbinders oval die and distressed the edges using Antique Linen ink.  I backed the oval with a scalloped oval cut from black cardstock.  I also distressed the lace embellishments with Antique Linen and then added pearls.  The DP from Making Memories worked nicely with this and I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo ink.  It was a challenge not adding any color to this.

Supplies:
Stamp: Hero Arts "Sending Smiles"
Inks: Ranger Distress Antique Linen, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo, Versamark Watermark
DP: Making Memories "Fifth Ave. E-Foiled"
Spellbinders: Petite Ovals Large, Petite Scalloped Ovals Large
Lace, Black Embossing Powder, Cardstock

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card! I love the "vintage" look! I wonder what it would look like if you used a sepia colored ink & paper. TFS!

    ReplyDelete