Sunday, October 3, 2010

Christmas Tag Swap - September

These are the tags  I made for Kyoko's Christmas Tag Swap and my partner for September was actually the creative and talented Kyoko!  I used SU's new Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set and couldn't resist breaking the rules.  You're supposed to make 3 tags, all the same.  Well, I made 8 tags, all different.  I hope Kyoko didn't mind.

A great way to make your own tags with corner punches is to cut your cardstock to 2-1/4" x 3-1/2".  Then punch the top corners with your corner punch.  It's fun to experiment with different ones.  Use a corner rounder for the bottom corners and punch a small circle at the top for your ribbon.  Pretty simple and fun!

Supplies:

  • Stamps: SU Jolly Bingo Bits, Waltzing Mouse Fancy Phrases
  • Punches: MS Modern Garland Corner, Corner Rounder, 1/8" circle
  • Spellbinders: Scalloped Circle

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debi! OMG I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my tags! I really like that corner punching technique you used ... gotta jack that idea! Thanks also for sending me my goodies ... you are just the SWEETEST! Sorry for the delay in getting my tags to you but rest assured, they are on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tags, such a cute idea to use the borders on the tags. I'm just like Kyoko and I am gonna "kakaroach" that idea ;). Thanks for putting up the measurements. Thanks for inspiring :D

    ReplyDelete