Friday, October 22, 2010

Tag Swap - October

These are the tags I made for my October Tag Swap partner Linda.  I actually did this as a make n' take ornament for Island Scrapbooking's Anniversary Party last weekend, but thought it would look nice as tag as well.  For the background, I used Spellbinder's new lace circle die and silver mirror cardstock.  Then I punched out a 3" circle from seafoam green cardstock.  I stamped a Hero Arts snowflake on white cardstock using Ranger Distress Stormy Sky ink and punched it out with a 2" circle punch.  To make the fan fold, I used 2 pieces of DP cut to 12" x 1-1/4" and scored every 1/2".  Then I  folded the paper on the score lines like an accordion.  I attached the pieces together with double sided tape so I had a continuous circle.  The hardest part is keeping the center flat and together so I used a hot glue gun because the glue drives fast.  After putting the hot glue on the center of the accordion piece, I adhered the 2" snowflake circle on top.  I put some hot glue in the center of the 3" circle and placed the accordion piece on that.  Then I taped the ribbon to the back of the 3" circle and used double stick tape to adhere it to the silver piece.  I love the way these sort of took on a vintage look!

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I'm sure Linda will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debi, I love these tags!!! They are so pretty....they would definitely be "keep and not use" type of tag for me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great tags :) Gotta try that medallion technique. Your partner is gonna love them..TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good grief woman ... that is one AWESOME tag! Looks like a lot of work ... very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty tags! They are so special that I wouldn't use them either, just save them for me. lol. Thank you for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete