Wednesday, October 20, 2010

OCS - Halloween

This is the card I made for October's One Card Swap and my partner was Janis.  The theme this month was Halloween and although this card took me a while to make, I had SO much fun doing it.  I made it a simple pop-up card and created a little Halloween scene.  I used two of TGF's new digis and the little mummy from last's year Halloween set (also available in digi this year).  I made my own spooky fence by using the MS fence punch and cutting out parts of it to make it more rickety.  I wanted the background to resemble night, but also wanted the cool Hero Arts tree to stand out.  So I used my distress tool and foam sponge and lightly blended some Dusty Concord on the background.  I didn't have orange rhinestones so I colored some clear ones with my Salmon Red Copic pen.

This is just the beginning of my fall projects so stay tuned for more!

Supplies:
  • Stamps: TGF Hallo Shedevil digi, TGF Hallo Skelleton digi, TGF Spooktacular, HA Frightful, HA Happy Halloween, MME Blackbird Stamps
  • Punches:  MS Fence Edger, SU Scallop Trim Border, Marvy 1-1/2" Circle, MS Grass Edger
  • Spellbinders: Labels Four, Fancy Tag
  • Copics, Spider Confetti


4 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing. Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes Debi! Awesome card!!! I love all the details you added to this card...it puts it over the top! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. UNBELIEVABLE GF! You put so much work into your card and it really shows! Great ideas for the fence and love that tree!

    ReplyDelete