Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feeling a Little Blue (and green)

I tried the peek-a-boo card and I have to say, if you like things precise, it's harder to master than you'd think. And I added a couple twists of my own that made it even more complicated. I can't even tell you how many pieces of paper I cut up to figure this out. But the fun thing that came out of practicing and practicing was trying different color combinations. I figured if I was going to keep cutting paper to figure this out, why not try different color combinations at the same time. This blue and green combo ended up being one of my favorites so I finished the card using some stamps, punches and stickers. I don't use stickers often, but I should experiment with them more. They were fun to play with. The circle border on the cover and the flowers on the inside are stickers. And I just love the new SU bird punch with the branch.  


So next time you make a card, try a color combination you wouldn't normally use and try different elements (i.e. stickers) to create your card.


Supplies:

  • Stamps: Bird - SU "Cheep Talk, Friends Always - Hero Arts "Happy Day Animals"
  • DP: Polka Dots - SU "Good Morning Sunshine"
  • Punch: SU "XL Two-Step Bird"
  • Cardstock: SU Pacific Point (blue), Bazzil (green)
  • Stickers: SU "Petal Party Kit
  • Rhinestones
  • 1-1/2" Circle Punch
  • Spellbinders Scalloped Circle

No comments:

Post a Comment