Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lovely Notes


I made this box and notecards as a birthday gift for one of my aunties.  Sorry the photos aren't the best, but it's the best I could get at 1a.m.  You can't see the sides of the box cover, but I used a scalloped border punch for the edges.    The instructions for this box are here.  I just adjusted the size to 3" x 5" x 1-1/2".  I cut 50 white cardstock to fit the box and stamped flowers and birds on them using SU's "Live Your Own Dream" set.  The tag was made using SU's "Lovely Letters Alphabet".  I love this set whenever I want something to have a personalized monogram look.  I'm not sure where the DP is from, but I finally used it.  The only thing I'd do differently next time is to make the box shorter (maybe 1" high) because I filled it with 50 notecards and it was only about a third full.  YIKES!  What I ended up doing was stuffing some tissue paper under the notecards as filler.  

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice set of notecards. TFS all of your creative work.

    ReplyDelete