Monday, February 22, 2010

ATS Challenge #18 (Untraditional Bride)




















Inspiration comes in all places and at all times, right?  Well, inspiration for this card came as I sat at the bar of a nice restaurant eating dinner and starring at the beautiful liquor bottles lined up on the shelf.  Don't ask me why, but that's where I got the idea to use ATS's bride image from the Spring Kit and make her an untraditional bride.  So here she is in PINK!

For this challenge, we had to follow the recipe below.  I paper-pieced her dress and hair bow and although the dress may not be traditional, I gave her a traditional strand of pearls.  Not sure if you can really tell that she has some bling on her dress, but I used Stickles to add some shimmer that perhaps sequins would create on a real dress.  I love the colors of green and yellow cymbidium orchids and that was my inspiration for her bouquet.  I have to admit the recipe was harder than I thought it would be, but it was a fun challenge.

Here's the recipe:
1 image - cc designs bride from Spring Kit
3 papers - My Mind's Eye ooh la la "sweet surprise" side one,  My Mind's Eye ooh la la "sweet surprise" side two, My Mind's Eye bloom & grow "bloom" eye candy
2 colors - pink and teal
4 embellishments - flowers, ribbon, pearls, silver leaves

2 comments:

  1. She's BEAUTIFUL! You did a fabulous job with this challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi - love your pretty pink and teal card! Isn't she the sweetest! Thanks for creating with the 4321 recipe challenge on the ATS Weekly Wed. challenge blog!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete