Sunday, February 21, 2010

Flutter by Butterfly
















I hope you're having a great weekend.  I did the Heart Walk for American Heart Association this morning and it got me up a little earlier than normal.  But after a quick nap this afternoon, my creativity got flowing and I'll have lots to share with you in the upcoming week.  In the meantime, here's the card I mentioned yesterday.  It features one of the butterfly stamps from a Hero Arts cling set.  I used this same set as background stamps in yesterdays project.  Today, it's the focus of my card and I kept the background simple to really showcase this butterfly.

Funny thing about the background.  Sometimes great things come from mistakes.  Well that's what happened here. I stamped the floral flourish in Versa Color white and it was too light.  So then I tried stamping over it using Versa Color bamboo.  It was better but still too light.  I stamped it in bamboo a again and the result made the image look 3D. Not sure if you can see it here, but it even looked like it had been flocked.  I'll definitely be using this color combo again.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly-Hero Arts cling-Butterflies (3 images), Flourish-Hero Arts-Stencil Art
DP: Basic Grey-Hot Stone
Copics
Stickles: Eucalyptus, Crystal
Ribbon
Cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment