Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Treats


This box idea has been around for awhile, but it seemed so appropriate for Valentine's Day and the conversation heart boxes. I played around with different papers and even cut lace backings for the hearts using Spellbinders. To cover the boxes, I just cut the paper wide enough and long enough to wrap around the boxes. Then I punched holes on both sides of this "jacket," about 3/4" from the top. I cut ribbon about 20" long and ran it through the holes from the inside. Then I placed the candy box in this "jacket" and tied a bow. The hearts were cut with Spellbinders. For the arrows, I just typed different Valentine's words, printed them on cardstock and cut them out in the shape of arrows. I tied gold twine or linen thread through the buttons and knotted them. That's about it.

I had a lot of fun making these...so much so that I went back to the store, bought more candy and made about 20 more!


No comments:

Post a Comment