Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cup Full of Flowers
















Things are back to normal here after preparing for and waiting out todays tsunami.  Didn't get much sleep Friday night, as I was glued to the TV coverage and also doing laundry and things I would want done in case we lost power and water.  Luckily the big waves bypassed Hawaii and at about 1:30 p.m., the warning was cancelled.

I needed to de-stress tonight so after my son and husband went to bed, I hit my crafting table and came up with this card.  This was a fun card to make and relatively simple, too.  I used Hero Arts "big cup" cling... colored it and cut it out.  Then I adhered it to the yellow DP and built my bouquet of Prima flowers.  I also added pearl and button embellishments to the flower centers.  For the sentiment, I took a toothpick and wrapped a 1/4" strip of white cardstock around it, adhered it together with double stick tape and used a glue dot on the fold so it would stick to the toothpick.  I hand wrote the sentiment and snipped the ends at a "V."  Touches of Stickles and dew drops were added at the end.  Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment